Gloucestershire LPC has invested in new online training for HLCs and Counter Assistants which is free to use. Please visit our ‘online training’ page for more information and a link.
LPC meetings are held every other month. Our meeting dates, agendas and minutes are available online.
Find our latest Gloucestershire LPC newsletter, along with an archive of back issues.
Pharmacy Representation Review Steering Group
Pharmacy Representation RSG – Improving community pharmacy contractor representation and support (pharmacy-review.org)
- PSNC and the National Pharmacy Association (NPA) attended a meeting of the World Pharmacy Council (WPC) last month to discuss developments and innovations in the profession. As part of its annual meeting, WPC representatives from countries including Denmark, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, US and the UK all gave updates on how pharmacy is […]
- The Secretary of State for Health & Social Care, Sajid Javid MP, today set out the Government’s plans to digitally reform the NHS. The plan outlines how access to patient information will be improved via enhancements to the NHS App and the NHS website – which should result in faster, more personalised treatment for patients. […]
- An administrative deduction of £25 may apply if a paper prescription bundle is submitted late to the NHSBSA. A charge for processing of a late bundle would only apply if a contractor cannot provide evidence, where requested by the NHSBSA, that their bundle was submitted using secure track and trace delivery no later than the 5th […]
- The Drug Tariff Preface published monthly lists additions, deletions and other changes to products listed in the Drug Tariff. Below is a summary of the changes coming into effect from 1 July 2022. Key g Special container – This product is a special container and should be dispensed in its complete original pack size. § […]
- The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has today (28/06/2022) granted the following list of price concessions: Drug Pack size Price Concession Calcium and Ergocalciferol tablets 28 £35.99 Clarithromycin 250mg/5ml oral suspension 70 £4.90 Febuxostat 80mg tablets 28 £2.54 Fludrocortisone 100microgram tablets 30 £9.53 Fluoxetine 40mg capsules 30 £4.50 Isotretinoin 20mg capsules 30 £15.19 […]
- More than 1.2 million consultations a week – or 65 million a year – are now being carried out by community pharmacy teams in England, according to PSNC’s 2022 Pharmacy Advice Audit. This is an increase from 2021, when the audit results suggested that in total pharmacies were providing 58 million consultations per year. PSNC […]